Saturday, February 22, 2014

Get Your Weekend Workout On!

We all cherish our weekends….for most of us it means we get to do things on our own time! This means taking a reprieve and forgetting about the stringent week’s deadlines where we must schedule everything, including our workout. Which sometimes can mean that there’s no room for spontaneity; we simply need to get things done. I agree it can get tedious at times, but during extremely busy work weeks, I’m happy to just get a workout or two in! That’s why I’m so “religious” about working out on the weekends. It’s my opportunity to switch things up! 

Whether I work out for a longer period of time, turn the music up and add something new to my routine, or take off skiing for the day with my husband, we always try doing some activity together during the weekend that will be a nice change of pace, fun, and that challenges us physically. Some weekends I do both - I get to do a great workout and a physical outing. If I can’t do both, I will have no regrets since I devoted at least one of my weekend days towards my fitness without it feeling like a chore. 




Using your weekend to take your fitness routine to the next level will leave you invigorated and feeling proud for having not blown your week's work by overindulging and being too lax. Hey, I like to take things a little slower just as much as the next person over the weekend. That said, my drive comes from knowing that I can relax with my pups, stay in my PJ’s a little longer, experiment with new MDfitness recipes or whatever I decide to do in between…but one thing is for sure, on my own time, I’ll be getting my work out on as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment